You can access Formstack Documents for Salesforce at any time by clicking on the "waffle" icon in the top left corner of Salesforce and searching Formstack Documents:
Formstack Documents for Salesforce gives you access to three new Tabs:
1. Formstack Documents
2. Formstack Mappings
3. Formstack Settings
These Tabs are where you will be able to manage your WebMerge document mappings and settings.
To give Salesforce access to your document templates, we need to setup an API Key and API Secret in Formstack Documents.
Visit https://www.formstack.com/products/documents and either sign in or create a new account.
Under your Profile, click on API Access.
Click on Click here to create an API Key! to get started.
Give your API Key a name. For this example, we’re going to call it Formstack Documents for Salesforce.
Now you want to copy and paste the API Key and API Secret from Formstack Documents into Formstack Documents for Salesforce.com settings.
Click Login to WebMerge using your new API credentials.
If everything was entered correctly, you’ll be logged in.
Now that you are logged in to Formstack Documents, you can view the Formstack Documents and Formstack Mappings tabs.
Click on Formstack Documents and you’ll see that we have given you full access to your Formstack Documents account right within Salesforce. You can create new Documents or Data Routes here and they will be available to be used in the Formstack Mappings tab.
WebMerge for Salesforce allows you to create WebMerge document mappings using data from Salesforce.com records.
Click New Mapping to get started on creating a new mapping.
Fill out the details on the New Mapping screen:
· Mapping Name: Give this mapping a name that will be descriptive to you and your users.
· Description: Give users a description of what this mapping does or what use case it was created for.
· Salesforce Object: Select a Salesforce.com standard object for which you’d like to merge the document with. WebMerge for Salesforce currently supports:
· Select a Formstack Resource: WebMerge allows you to create Documents or Data Routes. You can toggle between both types of resources here. Selecting Documents will give you access to a list of available, active Documents in WebMerge.
· Select a Document (or Route): Select the specific Document or Data Route from Formstack Documents you’d like to create a mapping for.
Click Save and Next to continue on to Field Mapping.
Now that we have created a new Formstack Mapping, we are presented with a series of optional settings, as well as Formstack Fields from the document template that we can map to existing Salesforce fields on the Salesforce object that we selected on the previous screen.
Select the Salesforce Field that you want to map to each Formstack Field. As you are doing this, you will have access to:
· Fields from the selected Salesforce Object
· Fields from parent records like Owner, Account, etc.
· Child Relationships. See Working with Child Relationships for more information on using Child Relationships in your WebMerge documents.
With WebMerge you can automatically have a WebMerge Mapping generate a document when specific criteria are met.
Evaluate the following rule when a record is:
· Created - this will evaluate the rule every single time a record is created. If the rule criteria are met, the document will be created.
· Created, and every time it’s edited - this will evaluate the rule every single time a record is created and every single time the record is edited. If the rule criteria are met, the document will be created.
· Created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria – this option will evaluate the rule every time a record is created and every time the record is edited and did not previously meet the criteria.
Once you’ve selected the evaluation criteria, you can select up to four criteria that must be met in order for the document to be generated automatically. You have access to the fields on the Salesforce Object that you selected when creating the Formstack Mapping as well as fields from parent objects like Owner.Name or Account.Name.
As you build your Formstack Mapping, you can save it and return to it at any time as you gather requirements and design your document in Formstack Documents. If you are working with a new mapping, you can Save or Save & Activate. If you choose to Save, you will be able to activate the mapping later.
Once you activate a mapping, it will be available to your users through the WebMerge button on a record. If your mapping has been configured to automatically generate documents, those rules will now be active as well.
Not only do you have the option to set up criteria for generating documents automatically, but users can also generate documents on demand using the Formstack Documents' button on a Salesforce record. The objects currently supported by WebMerge are: Account, Case, Contact, Contract, Lead, and Opportunity.
**If you are using a Custom Object or Non-Standard Object, please read this article
Load the object in Object Manager and select the Page Layouts option in the left pane.
Click on the Mobile & Lightning Actions section and you will see a Merge Document button.
Drag the Merge Document button into the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience section of the Page Layout.
Save the Page Layout and you will now see the Merge Document button on the detail record. Repeat this for each of the supported Salesforce objects.