While we don't have an automated way to deploy mappings from a Sandbox to Production org, we have made the process a bit easier to import the field mappings (the most time-consuming part). Here are the steps for moving a WebMerge Mapping from Sandbox to Production:
- Inside your Sandbox, open up your Mapping settings (Edit Mapping page)
- Under the Field Mapping section, you'll see links for Import and Export. Click the Export link.
- Copy the JSON code in the export box
- Inside Production, create a New WebMerge Mapping
- Select the same WebMerge Resource and Salesforce Object and click Next
- On the next page, look under the Field Mapping section and you will see links for Import.
- Paste the JSON from step #3 above.
- Click Save :)
Note: This import/export functionality was released in version 1.230 - you may need to upgrade your package