Below is a list of common errors experienced between when attempting to generate documents from Salesforce. Here you can reference frequently encountered errors and the suggested corrective action.
Insufficient Privileges: You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record of your administrator if access is necessary.
Please make sure user profiles have access to all the WebMerge objects in this article, particularly the Field Mappings object as it's often left out.
Apex CPU time limit exceeded
Overall, this error is caused by the time it takes to pull in the record information. Try the following things in order to try and resolve:
1. Use the "(Flat / No Related Fields)" option in your mapping for any child relationships. This will reduce the time it takes to pull the information.
2. In your Mapping settings, you can also try to turn on Batch Mode (click the checkbox).
3. Under the WebMerge Settings tab, change the Number of Fields setting at the bottom of the page to a smaller value, such as 1,000.
Attempt to dereference a null object error
- Ensure that that all mappings are to objects that exist in your Salesforce org.
- Ensure the user has permissions to the object and all fields being mapped to within Salesforce.